Hood Photoworks was established in 2019 in Southfield, Michigan. In the beginning, the focus was on event photography and selling prints of flowers, animals, and landscapes. The man behind the lens for Hood Photoworks is Darren Hood. Known for having a very keen photographic eye, Darren now also concentrates on individual headshots, group portraits, business action sessions, and photojournalism.
Darren believes in strong customer service and helping to put photographic subjects in their best possible light. A list of Darren's past recognitions and accomplishments help illustrate the skill and expertise that serves as and flows through Hood Photoworks' foundation and operation:
• 4x member of TEDx Detroit Photography Team
• First place winner in 2023 City of Southfield Photo Prize contest
• 12x entries selected in City of Southfield Photo Prize contest
• 2x winner of Woodward Camera Photo of the Month contest
• Free-lance photography support for a local newspaper
• Former Director of Southfield Shutterbugs
• Nature Photographers Network New User of the Month (11/19)
Whether you're interested in purchasing prints or in need of photography services, Hood Photoworks is here for you!